[Amps] water cooling

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Dec 18 15:31:30 PST 2009

> In another conversation the subject of water hose length came up. For
> those using anode water cooling how long a piece of tubing do you use
> for safety and isolation between the plate and ground, or where leaving
> the enclosure?  It's been over 20 years since I worked with this stuff
> and "as I recall" we used between 15 and 20 feet of coiled hose from the
> anode running 6 kV DC.  IIRC it wasn't a lot more even in the big RF
> generators. I don't think we ran over 8 or 10 kV DC on anything.

   I operated a transmitter long ago that had a pair of 1.5" loops of "saran" tubing to the plates
of dual tetrode tubes operating at 3 kV with no problems.  I think the material is more important
than than the length.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - Of what you see in books, believe 75%.  Of newspapers, believe 50%.
                  And of TV news, believe 25% --