[Amps] water cooling

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Dec 22 17:39:55 PST 2009

> How conductive is pure deionized water? The tube I have here ran close to
> 7kv and the water flowed through clear plastic tubing.

   Pure deionized water is an insulator, like any other insulator it can be broken down with enough
pressure (Voltage) the length of the path determines how much pressure it takes to break down.
   The tubing can accumulate plastic and metal ions on it's inner walls and become leaky with time
if not kept clean.  Leakage current can ionize the metal at each end of the tubing.  Turbulence from
the pump flow (if excessive) can cause metal to be dislodged from both ends.  (pitting)
--
    Ron  KA4INM - Of what you see in books, believe 75%.  Of newspapers, believe 50%.
                  And of TV news, believe 25% --