[Amps] Ameritron AL-80A Receive muted - relay?

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 16:12:19 PST 2009

NEVER, NEVER, did I say NEVER polish relay contacts with emery paper, sand paper, or something similar.  There are special burnishing tools made for cleaning relay contacts.  However, if you don't have such a tool then use a strip of bond paper or business card saturated with a cleaner.

Using something like emery paper or sand paper WILL destroy the contact in a hurry.  You want to gently remove corrosion, etc., not to remove any plating, etc., which you will do if you use emery paper or sand paper.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com