[Amps] Henry console value

Ryan Foster foster.ryan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 18:53:34 PST 2009

Don, and well everyone--

I didn't know which was which, the one I was talking about looking at was a
2k classic not a 2kx.  I would paid $800 for a 2kx.

I would have still used it to make a larger amp, at least one 8877, and for
the same reason as Don was saying, the commanding presence.  I would really
like to have a 2k (or preferably 2kx only because of look,) but if I am
going to have that kind amp around (and this is just myself, so no offense,
just my opinion) I want an amp that has that kind of presence to be capable
of the kind of wattage I would expect from a beast like that.

I think everything local around here (that sells) is a bargain now though.
A lot of the things that are being bought are being bought by people that
are resellers or just say they are picking it up to sell somewhere else for
more.  That was the motivation for the the guy that bought the solid state
amp and the other guy I was talking about and the L7.  The L7 really did
break my heart that he bought it for resale.  I would have loved to put that
one back into service.

--Ryan, w8cya