[Amps] Glitch Resistor

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 11:18:31 EST 2009

In most editions of the ARRL Amateur Radio Operator's Handbook there is a chart that lists the resistance (usually per 1000 feet) of copper wire.  To create a resistor you just use this information to determine the length of wire needed.

Dividing 105.2 by 1000 gives a resistance of .1052 ohms per foot.  You then multiply this by 50 which gives a total length of 5.26 feet to achieve 50 ohms.

I would use a larger diameter wire (smaller gauge) which would result in more wire being needed.  However, the current handling capability would be increased.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com