[Amps] pole transformer

Jim Smith j-r-smith at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 2 20:12:50 EST 2009

Carl,
Let's not twist things around. Read my response again. I would never try to
force my views on someone else, and I didn't say anything about people who
use these parts being irresponsible. I'm saying you should go ahead and
drink the stuff if you want to, but you are being irresponsible for telling
everyone else it's safe just because you haven't figured out the dangers.

Everyone can do as they please, but they should have reliable data to base
their decision on. If I had a working component that contained PCBs, and
didn't leak, I'd probably keep it in operation until I found a suitable
replacement. I'd never buy one intentionally though.

Sometimes the members of the list get more than they paid for in your
advice, sometime exactly what they paid for, but at times like this, they
may take a big loss if they put too much stock in your advice.

Jim Smith
KQ6UV