[Amps] New Ameritron Solid State Amp?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Feb 8 11:30:49 PST 2009

> Near as I can make out it doesn't cover 6, and lacks the styling
> and finish of amps that do such as the HL-1.5Kfx for about the
> same price.  I can get 6 meters and about 200 watts less pep for
> about $200 more.

Looking at HRO the price difference is more like $400 when you
compare the HRO sale price and the Ameritron list price.  Since
the Ameritron amplifiers are typically discounted 10% from list,
the real difference will probably be around $500.

The real comparison should be with the HL2.5-Kfx (1500 watts out
and no six meters).  In that case the, ALS-1300 delivers 80% of
the power (down 1 dB) for half the price.  That makes it a real
bargain.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV