[Amps] EB-104 DC current vs. RF Output Power

Don af4z at cfl.rr.com
Mon Feb 9 00:32:39 PST 2009

Several of the locals are building amplifiers with the CCI EB-104 boards. A
friend provided data from his Ameritron ALS-600 Amplifier (EB-104 like) of
the RF output power and the DC current for each band. He is seeing less than
300 watts with DC current over 20 Amps. I would think from looking at the
Motorola Engineering Bul. EB-104, the current should be much. I would expect
around 500 watts out at 48 Volts @20 Amps. Has anyone taken any data on
their EB-104 Amps? If so, would you mind sharing it with me. What power do
you get with 20 Amps DC current? I would also be interested in what ALS-600
owners are getting out at 20 Amps.
Tnx  Don  AF4Z