[Amps] EBAY SELLING

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Tue Feb 10 09:21:01 PST 2009

Buyer's Notes:

Any item that is not as described  is purely accidental. We sell pre-owned
items and while some may be in mint,  like new or excellent condition, others
may show signs of handling and/or wear  from age or use. Even though we are not
experts we make every effort to describe  items as we see them and point out
pertinent faults.

A couple of days ago Carl KM1H and myself had a discussion on here about
buying on EBAY, Carl indicated that if an item was "not as described" and paid
with by PAYPAL, they will refund your money.  My claim is that the sellers
usually cover their butt with some fancy verbage that releases them from
liability.  I also added, who was PAYPAL to determine something they know  nothing
about...ie...a ham amplifier for instance.  While looking on EBAY  recently I
spotted an auction for an "OLD" Ameritron AL-80 (not A or B).   The above
disclaimer was at the end of the auction techniblather.    NOTICE THE VERY FIRST
SENTENCE IN BUYERS NOTES....I love it  !!
Awards.  AOL Music takes you there.
(http://music.aol.com/grammys?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000002)