[Amps] EBAY SELLING

KB0NLY kb0nly at mchsi.com
Tue Feb 10 10:41:55 PST 2009

I have had a similar experience.. Sold an old laptop on eBay, guy said when
he received it that it would not turn on, i said ok send it back when i get
it i will refund.  When it got back it wouldn't turn on but i noticed some
of the screws were missing.  I took the remaining ones out and pulled it
apart, he had taken the hard drive, CPU module, cooling fan, and a few other
bits and pieces and put it back in such a way that it "looked" complete.  I
denied his claim and went into battle over it, i won after stating to PayPal
that he had removed parts and that it was returned in a significantly
different condition than it was shipped to him.  I offered to ship the
remainder of it back to him but of course he closed the claim because he
already had the parts he had and realized i wasn't a pushover after all.

Bottom line, don't issue a refund until you get it back!  If you do that
then your a sucker indeed.  This is why i have had to start selling
everything AS-IS, and me return policy is set as such also.  So if a claim
is filed now for some invalid reason, buyers remorse, or just trying to rip
me off, they get a message stating that the auction clearly showed no
returns, no refunds.  And i also put my own disclaimer on every auction as
well.

As for PayPal and losing money...  I never leave more than $50 on my
account, if i sell a large item as soon as i receive funds they are removed.
My account has access to a bank account, an old savings account, with only
the minimum to keep that account open, $10.  So if anyone ever tried to
screw me they could get maybe $60, and i would just leave PayPal hanging and
leave eBay for good.

73,

Scott KBØNLY