[Amps] Transformer heating (problem?)

David Craig davidhcraig at verizon.net
Thu Feb 12 02:07:19 PST 2009

    It may well have been Roger- I can't tell for sure.  One thing that
bothered me a LOT was that when redoing the E I core lamination thru bolts,
some of the plates were not aligned properly- I had to grind/drill parts of
the holes to get a teflon-insulated bolt thru it (and it was markedly
smaller than the actual core hole diameter).  This is beginning to appear
more & more like a bad transformer design/assembly issue.  73 Dave