[Amps] Transformer heating (problem?)

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Feb 12 08:42:19 PST 2009

A Variac would be a big help here.

Then place a 100W bulb across the secondary with an AC ampmeter.

Also use a meter in a 240V leg.

Then crank up the voltage until the bulb has about normal brilliance.
Record meter readings, do the math to calculate efficiency.

If youre close to a transformer company have them reassemble if they
concur its an assembly issue.

Carl
KM1H