[Amps] 1625

Rex Lint rex at lint.mv.com
Thu Feb 12 18:03:23 PST 2009

Whew!

The max rating for a 6AG7 is 300 V, so you ran them at 3.3 the max voltage!
It must be one tough tube.  The plate dissapation is 9 watts, so 4*9 = 36
watts, and if you pegged the 200 ma meter, the input was >200 watts, so you
were probably dissapating >66 watts - about twice their rating.  I'll bet
they WERE red!

Water cooled?

I ran a heathkit AT-1 that used one for an oscillator, then used a 6L6 for
the amp.  All told, about 30 watts!  If I'd only known....

But that was in the '50's

      -Rex-

     	K1HI
       Rex Lint