[Amps] SB-220 troubles

Scott McGrath mcgrath at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 13 14:16:40 PST 2009

In my case aviation with the ATC suffix Heavy - In general aviation you
screw up and we read about a SK who's other hobby was flying,   in
commercial it leads on CNN.

The safety habits learned last a lifetime also the fact that screwups
are inevitable the trick is that you need to make MORE than one to cause
injury or death.   Saying one will never make a potentially fatal
mistake is one giant step down the road to that mistake.

For my restoration work I have a air manifold I have three types of air
available

1 - Air with oil mist for air tools
2 - Filtered Clean Dry air for painting and sandblasting
3 - Shop air

All air lines have different incompatible connectors so it is impossible
to use the 'wrong' set of hoses or supply.  I never have to worry about
my finishing hoses having oil in them and ruining a paint job and I
never have to worry about using an air tool for an extended period and
blowing it up due to lack of lubrication.

Heck I own a shopsmith 510 and that has just minimal guards and safety
systems which I check regularly I like it as it has sufficient safety
for a reasonable man but no excess guards which get in the way of
getting the job done.

my 0.02

Scott N1JIN

Scott N1JIN