[Amps] SB-220 troubles

Adam Shirley WJ4X WJ4X at AMSAT.ORG
Sat Feb 14 08:52:49 PST 2009

Let me have the amp, I will use it.

 I promise to not stick my fingers into the caps with the cover off.

HIHI 73!
  -Adam
   WJ4X

-----Original Message-----
From: amps-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:amps-bounces at contesting.com] On
Behalf Of Jeff Carter
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 11:26 PM
To: amps at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 troubles

Contests?  Heavens, no.  I didn't build this amp to run it in contests.

In fact, I've never had it on the air.  I ran it into a dummy load after I'd

completed it, verified the +10db output, and then pulled the plug.

It's never been plugged back up.

I got into Amateur Radio primarily for access to the spectrum for
experiments,
and for the legal rights afforded by licensure like the building of
amplifiers.  I listen to HF a good bit when I'm traveling, but very seldom
do
I ever actually *talk* to anybody.

I want the capability, because I like having options.  I may, however, never

put this amp on the air.  It'll take something very interesting to draw me
out, and I can't think of any contest that would meet that requirement.

Jeff/KD4RBG