[Amps] Quieting SB-1000

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Sun Feb 15 11:31:33 PST 2009

In a message dated 2/15/2009 11:19:38 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
kenw2dtc at comcast.net writes:

Vic,  sorry about your transformer hum, but transformers usually hum because
they  don't know the words". :-)  Lou

That was sooooo bad, but it  made me laugh anyway.
73,
Ken W2DTC

Ken, Glad you had a little laugh out of that one.  But in all honesty,  you
know if I knew the answer to Vic's question about the buzzing, I would  offer.
I know one thing, the bolts on the transformer to the chassis have  to be
tight or the vibration of the transformer will  resonate to the  chassis and
sound like a buzz.  I doubt if there was any rubber involved or  he would have
seen it.  But trust me, the fan replacement on that amp is a  PITA!  Ok this will
make you laugh.

When I was 13 years old I got first ham license, I was a Boy Scout too. I
learned that one of our scoutmasters was a ham. K1LSP (SK,now) I went up to him
one day and I asked him "Hey, Mr. Tracey I hear you are a ham"?  He said
....NO! I am an Amateur Radio Operator!!  I said Yeah, A ham!  He  said, "Maybe
you are a 1/2 a pigs ass, but not me!! :-)  73 Lou

**************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)