[Amps] Roller Inductor specs

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Feb 16 10:34:10 PST 2009

The BC-375 was rated at a nominal 100W output as per the Army but hams
routinely ran them up to 250W or so when 211's were dirt cheap. Power
was frequency limited due to the archaic 1929 tube design. Look at it as
the granddaddy of the family ending in the 572B.

Ive used that inductor at the 600W CW/AM level in an ATU back in the
late 50's but havent used one in a TX tank. Tune in an ATU at the 100W
level to prevent unnecessary heating and arcing.

In any case the form, wire, and roller should be given a good cleaning
in the dishwasher before using to remove contaniments and oxidation. The
Original Cascade works well to clean silver plating.

Carl
KM1H