[Amps] best atu

Alex Eban alexeban at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 17:38:12 PST 2009

..there's another reason I discovered. Most antennas are weather sensitive:
loaded with ice or snow they go haywire (pun intended).
I blew out the finals on my TS140 in such a situation: I found out the hard
way that glass fiber insulation on wires can be VERY hygroscopic and change
everything on the roof! If I had one at the time, I wouldn't have gotten
into that corner! It was the only time we had snow in 20 years, but you
know, there's always a first time.
Alex	4Z5KS