[Amps] OT Digest Posts

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Feb 18 14:02:32 PST 2009

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 20:23:22 -0500, Roger wrote:

> can understand some find the digest method of reading posts handy, but
>*please* do not post the digest when answering and use meaningful
>subject lines.  When answering a post please include enough text most of
>us can figure out where you are in the thread and to whom you may be
>directing comments.

Yes. The RULES for responding when you're reading the digest are:

1) COPY THE SUBJECT LINE FROM THE POST YOU'RE RESPONDING TO.

2) Copy ONLY enough of the email you're responding to so we know WHAT
you're responding to. Usually a sentence or two is plenty.

Both of these rules mean that you must do some work! You've got to use
the editing functions in your email program. You've got to delete a lot
of stuff that has nothing to do with your reply. And you've got to change
the subject line.

FWIW, I read nearly a dozen email lists, and I find individual emails
MUCH easier to handle. I simply set up my email software to sort my
incoming email into separate mail boxes for each email list that I read.
Now it's really easy to delete all the stuff you don't want to be
bothered with, either before or after you read it.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC