[Amps] Transformer Update

walnutcreek at appstate.net walnutcreek at appstate.net
Sat Feb 28 09:59:40 PST 2009

I tried sending this last night, cyber space got it instead!
Best 73,
Cam

HI all,
I just finished dealing with Jeff and he did a great and commendable job in having a new transformer for an older amp built.  I sent the

  Normal
  0

  false
  false
  false

  MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

dimensions of both the transformer and space available, the wire layout and  photos.  The transformer I received fit like a glove and gave the amp a new lease on life.  My hat is off to him for his patience with me and the quality of the work.  The transformer looks great in a  new looking Hunter 2000C with two 3-500z's since I'm keeping the original tubes out for now to save them for a possible sale of the amp someday.
If you know what you want be ready to pay for it, I just sold a 300lb. Hypersil a couple of years ago that was rated at 6500V @ 1.5 A for a nice chunk of change.....bought an Alpha 77SX with the proceeds.  It's more amp than I really need, but nice to have for those hard core, rare DX stations.
They are out there by the way,  DRMO auctions yield some really nice transformers for huge amplifiers....radar power supplies are massive.
Thanks again Jeff!!
CamWA4JKW