[Amps] Alpha 77DX

sabrams at nycap.rr.com sabrams at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jan 13 17:55:19 EST 2009

I recently got an Alpha 77DX that was factory refurbished, and would like to know the working parameters that other users are observing.  The 77DX has the hypersil 4.4kV transformer (not a PeterDahl).  I was wondering what you see as key-up voltage, key-down voltage at full power, how much drive you use, and grid current on the meter (Yes, I know it reads 2 or 2.5 times real current).  I get about 4000 V down to 3300V with 80 watts of drive and about 200 ma on the meter.  Thanks for any advice.  73  Saul  K2XA