[Amps] AL 80B Question

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Mon Jan 19 17:21:58 EST 2009

I have a newer AL-80B and just for giggles have tried it on 30m into a dummy load.  It does just as you report.  I re-tuned the 20m input coil to drive it much harder on 30m and sure enough, it loads up much better that way, with the LOAD control close to mid-range and >500W output.

But then the input VSWR on 20m is poor, so I re-set it per the factory settings and gave up thinking about using the amp on 30m.  It's only 3 dB over my barefoot transceivers anyway!

WB2WIK/6

In a message dated 1/19/2009 3:50:45 P.M. Central Standard Time,