[Amps] 3-500zs to 8877

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jan 21 12:34:43 EST 2009

Not only is the 3-500Z a more robust tube than the 8877, the 8877 requires a
3 minute warm-up, the circuit for that would be an added complexity.  I
agree with Hsu that the 3CX1200D7 would be a better swap, being instant on
and using the same socket, and probably not replacement of the blower.  You
would have to change the filament supply but that is easy.  I swapped the
8877 in my 4K Ultra for the D7 and I haven't regretted it once.

Bob W6TR