[Amps] De-gassing/de-barnacling YC-156 tubes (was Source for YC-156tubes)

k7rdx k7rdx at charter.net
Wed Jan 28 21:06:48 EST 2009

Dave,I do agree with most of your dissertation however,I do find running the
heater and re-hi-potting to be beneficial to tube de-gassing...I am telling
you this from practical experiance with building around this tube in a real
ham amplifier..Another good thing to do is to run a gas discharge tube
between cathode and grid,generally a Bourns 500v similar to the gas arc
shunt device found in the Alpha Delta coax switches..Have you built an
amateur amplifier around the YC-156 or is your experiance in the MRI field?
73,Jim..K7RDX..