[Amps] Crydom Solid State Relays

David Cutter d.cutter at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 29 17:51:54 EST 2009

I've often started with 10n to 100n and a 100R resistor.  I use resistors
with  a body length of around  >10mm for handling 240Vac and I use mains
rated capacitors or >600Vdc.  I like the modern X and Y caps specifically
made for mains voltages.  Having a large resistor in series limits impulse
currents, but these are rated for self-healing and handling large spikes in
the the 2kV bracket directly across the mains, so there's no risk of
breakdown in this service.  Used to buy RIFA combination R and C devices if
tight on space.

http://www.evoxrifa.com/cap_catalog/rc_units/pmr209.pdf

also an interesting article on ventilation

http://www.evoxrifa.com/n_america/vent_grilles.htm

David
G3UNA