[Amps] pole pigs

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Thu Jan 29 21:48:28 EST 2009

John Lyles wrote:
> Bob
> These would probably used in a three phase setup with three pigs if they are single phase in each can.  Where are they, in 5 land? I have been looking for a 240/12K unit for a someday big tesla coil, but these sound like a big trailer would be needed. Yes, I would agree that few hundred $ would be fair, unless these are sparkling new, then some reseller might want them (exp $600-800 each).

I'm not sure where the dividing line runs between 2 and 3 phase, or how
small you can get a 3 phase.  We had a one that was larger than 12 KVA
single phase.  We bunred the 6KV6 to a crisp. (All electric house with
resistance ceiling heat) I only remember the one they replaced it with
as larger than 12.

I sure did like that electric heat. Nary a chilly spot in the whole
house, while I had a service big enough to run a station at the legal
limit on each band 160-144 at the same time. OTOH, the ACLU complained
about electric rates and in one month my total bill went from less than
$90 to nearly $300.  The next month it was back to 90, but with oil
fired hot water. BTW The nearest neighbor was about 1/3 of a mile away.
(NO TVI out there)<:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)