[Amps] Gettering 572B

Mel itz_da_police at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 2 12:13:00 PDT 2009

Could you isolate it to one tube by carefully removing one plate cap at a time (after the amp is dead and discharged; but you knew that) and firing it up in standby?  Maybe one tube is drawing more current than the other two.

I recently purchased a "Matched Quad" set of " 572b / 811H" from a California outfit that were anything matched.  One of the four tubes drew 1.0 amps of plate current out of the box and, the other 3 tubes were all over the map with grid current and plate currents.

I returned them at my expence the RF Parts only to have them ship me back three of the FUBAR tubes and a different one that was as screwed up as the first three.

Find your bad tube, substitute a known good one and see if the plate current goes down in standby.

Mel

..