[Amps] 4-1000A in LK2000

Dave white mausoptik at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 4 02:22:03 PDT 2009

Hi Dick
Just strap it to ground and treat it as the grid.  Sure, it lowers the amplification factor but if you have a modern 100 or 200 watt transceiver who cares?  I did consider rebuilding my amp as a true grid driven tetrode amp like the circuit for the 4-400 that appeared in the early 1960s ARRL handbooks but decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I suppose if - has a 10 watt K3 or similar then it'd be a different story....

Cheers
Dave G0OIL