[Amps] cathode driven/grounded grid magic revealed.

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Tue Jul 21 20:18:31 PDT 2009

It is well known that a grounded grid amplifier places a varying load on its
driver stage. It is recommended that the driver stage be heavily swamped to
avoid such load variations.
A driver stage driving a 50 ohm dummy load and the final should be well
regulated.
By not having the driver swamped the varying load from the input of the
final amplifier can cause the driver IM performance to deteriorate.

73
Gary  K4FMX