[Amps] Old Transmitter designs (was cathode driven/groundedgridmagic revealed.)

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Wed Jul 22 20:47:17 PDT 2009

You misunderstand Bill. We are not talking about a tuned circuit at the
input of the grounded grid amp. We are talking about what effects the
varying load has on the driver. If the driving source has a low enough
impedance as seen by the amplifier then the varying load provided by the
amplifier will have less effect on the driver. The load change is then a
smaller percentage change for the driver.
I did not imply that swamping the exciter was better than a tuned circuit at
the input of the amp.

73
Gary K4FMX