[Amps] Dummy load oil

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Wed Jul 29 22:16:22 PDT 2009

W5CPT wrote:
> Roger said>
>
> For those "non farmers" after corn picking time the cattle were often
> turned out into the corn fields to "clean up" the fields which made the
> milking parlors a truly dangerous place.<:-))
>
> 73
>
> Roger (K8RI)
>
> <><><><><>
>
> Roger, you just left me with a mental image that will take months of
> counseling and gallons of alchol to erase.
Well, as long as I've created the image, let me *paint* a broader
image.  Did you know?...A cow can cough "explosively"?

There are many analogies floating through my head at the moment, but
for the mental health of those reading I'll abstain. OTOH the Alcohol
sounds good, however it's past 1:00 AM and I may have to pick the plane
up this afternoon.  Which BTW enables me to work 50 - 75 miles simplex
with a 5W 2-meter HT. I've worked home stations from over 120 miles.

Now as this is the Amps reflector, I wonder how many repeaters I could
work at once with a 160 watt amp in line. The problem is an outside
antenna. The darn mag mount keeps falling off and I'd rather not sit
right next to the antenna with 160 watts into it.

73

Roger (K8RI)