[Amps] spray painting metal

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 07:56:14 PDT 2009

Another thing, to prevent "runs", if possible paint on only a horizontal surface.  With practice, it is possible to paint on a vertical surface.  But, painting on a horizontal surface is definitely easier.

Also, priming a metal surface definitely makes for a better paint job.  A lot of the "boat anchor" manufacturers did not prime the metal before painting.  In those cases if you just paint over the old finish quite often the paint will start to peel.  Frankly, in most cases, it is best to take the cabinet, panel, etc., down to the bare metal, prime, and then paint.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com