[Amps] spray painting metal

Edward Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Fri Jul 31 10:01:44 PDT 2009

Hi Alton,

Go the distance & pre-spray the project with aluminum/galvanized metal
primer that's specifically designed for that sorta stuff...

I never did that on a major project that I built here years ago, & I've
regretted it ever since: I applied some peel-and-stick accent striping on
the front surface of the thing, and when I removed a section of it because
it was crooked, off came the striping alright, but with both topcoat and
primer attached...!

The front panel now sports an accent "stripe" of bare aluminum...! A
continuous reminder to me of the importance of proper prep work...Hi Hi.

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ