[Amps] spray painting metal

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Jul 31 11:40:05 PDT 2009

Short of taking a trip to a store check around your home.

Wash it down with white vinegar and then rinse in cold water.

Spray wheel cleaner will also do a good etch. Rinse quickly and thoroughly.

Then use a sandable primer if there are imperfections that can be block
sanded out.

Be sure the primer and paint are compatible, dont go mixing lacquer and
enamel. Read instructions, use a primer sealer if required.

Lacquer and water based paints have the least knick resistance, 2 stage
automotive is the best short of powder coating or an epoxy.  Lots of cheap
rattle can spray paints have poor UV resistance.

Carl
KM1H