[Amps] RF power transistor curve trace question

Dan Sawyer dansawyer at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 14 19:02:38 PDT 2009

Manfred, as always thank you for your response. Below are the answers:

1. the trace is a collector voltage horizontal and collector current
vertical. The tracer is a Tek 577, the collector sweep is set to 50
volts and the step current to 20 ma. The parallel resistor is set to 50
Ohm.

2. I do not know about transistor ballasting. Is there a standard way to
measure it? Are there standard values? What value would be sufficient to
operate in class AB?

Thanks in advance - Dan