[Amps] HV Divider

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Mar 1 11:54:25 PST 2009

If you are using a 0-1ma FS meter it is typically 1000 ohms per volt.  This
means that if you wanted a 2500V FS reading you would need 2500 * 1000 =
2,500,000 ohm in the meter multiplier string.  I would think that you want a
FS higher than 2500V, like 5000V, which would mean that you need 5,000,000
ohms or 5 meg ohms in the meter multiplier string.  Then you need something
to lift it slightly above ground, like 10K ohms.

Bob W6TR