[Amps] SB-220 and load mismatching...

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Mon Mar 2 14:33:55 PST 2009

I don't see how you could hurt the tubes operating into a mismatch.  If you hurt anything, it's more likely to be the load capacitor.

I used to operate the SB-220 into a 4:1 VSWR or so on 80m quite often, since that's the normal band-edge mismatch for a midband tuned 1/2WL dipole on that band!  Never had a problem, never even arched the capacitor but that was a concern.

WB2WIK/6