[Amps] An Extra Thank You!

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Thu Mar 5 13:45:59 PST 2009

Yes drive power does need to be considered when figuring efficiency of a
grounded grid amp as part of the drive power does pass thru the amp. But,
not all of the drive power appears in the output of the amp. Part of it is
consumed in driving grid which gets turned into heat and is not passed thru.
Also the input circuit has some losses too. It is not easy to determine the
exact amount of drive power consumed by the tube. A very rough guess would
be around 30%.

73
Gary  K4FMX