[Amps] An Extra Thank You!

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Mar 5 16:42:10 PST 2009

> I'm not sure I completely understand why the drive is added
> back.  You could write a thick, thick book with what I don't
> know about tubes, because when I went to school they weren't
> taught anymore.

In grounded grid the drive is in series with the output.  Thus
the drive power (less power lost in grid current and heat in
the input circuit) adds to the output.  Adding the drive power
to the plate input will result in a slightly low calculation
for efficiency but will be more accurate (particularly at HF
where drive may be closer to 100 Watts) than ignoring it.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV