[Amps] HV measurements

Jeff Blaine keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 00:42:05 PDT 2009

Guys,

There is a guy selling the 6KV Fluke probe together with a 27FM which is
the mil-spec version of this meter.  True RMS - great for reading fil
voltages.  $70 incluidng the hard-case.

Bought one for my shack and it's an excellent addition.  The probe HV
readings are right on the money.  And yes Virginia, there is a big
difference between a mil-spec meter and a standard model.  The 27FM is
built like a tank - and the fuses in that beast are about 50% longer and
about 100% larger in width than a SFE type.  Not sure what that implies
about the guts of the machine, but it's a serious good sign.

73/jeff/ac0c