[Amps] 810 Amplifier

KB0NLY kb0nly at mchsi.com
Thu Mar 12 19:06:27 PDT 2009

Being that I own a SB-200, for HF, and have played with a few converted to
6m, I knew when it came time to have a 6m amp of my own I was going with
something different.  They are either unstable or dirty on the output.  Not
to mention the 572B's are a POOR choice for 6m operation.  Sure they work,
but after hearing a few guys using these conversions on the air I can safely
say they sound like crap.  I had one in here about a half year ago that the
owner was complaining didn't work reliably.  It was a hacked up mod, the
wiring was terrible, the solder joints not much better.  We decided to gut
it and start over but he didn't want to spend the money so I sold it on eBay
for him, AS-IS...

That's why I built mine using the GI-7B.  It was an adventure learning
everything I needed to build it, but in the end it was fun and well worth
the effort for a clean sounding amp that makes power reliably.

73,

Scott