[Amps] SB200 on 6m & my take

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Mar 13 11:02:38 PDT 2009

You are so clueless.

The Svetlana isnt even a close clone to the Cetron or real Taylor. Its
quite different internally.

The Svetlana says absolutely nothing about derating for 6M but if you
can read the specs you will see that the 2750V ICAS rating has been
derated to about 76% when run at the ~ 2100V of the SB-200. However the
Svetlana is better suited to audio use as its even troublesome on
10-15M.

The current Taylor is a generic Chinese tube that you pay extra for the
nice paint job.

Neither one even has hardened glass as do the originals.

Please learn a bit about the subject before posting rumors and erroneous
info that might confuse forum members that are truly interested in
learning things.

Carl
KM1H