[Amps] SB200 on 6m & my take

KB0NLY kb0nly at mchsi.com
Fri Mar 13 11:14:56 PDT 2009

Glen,

I visually compared my set of Taylors to the other ones marked Shuguang that
i first bought, and your right they are higher quality.  You can see the
difference in the ones that are being sold now by RF Parts.  Thicker
materials, more internal support.  The filaments burn much brighter in the
Taylor's when i had one of each side by side in the amp for comparison.  Not
sure if that's really benificial in any way but just telling you what i saw.

I see that in my latest RF Parts catalog it shows Call for price on the
Taylors and the Chinese tubes now.  High demand or short supply or both?  I
should call them and see what the current price is and what the supply
situation is on them.  I have been meaning to put another pair of Taylors on
the shelf as spares to keep Murphy at bay.  Seems like every time i buy a
spare of something then the original lasts forever.. LOL

73,

Scott