[Amps] Transformer For Sale

James Bloomfield rn23crna at windstream.net
Sat Mar 14 17:22:09 PDT 2009

	You snooze  You Lose.

	The two super duper Capacators are sold.

	Still available to the discerning buyer, High quality power
supply builder and
	All around good guy it the transformer.

	Good morning,  here is a 'golden Opportunity'

	Background

	Several years ago I purchased a used Drake L4-b Amp with
	Power supply.  It also came with a homebrew 'super power
supply'
	The super supply was supposed to provide enough power to run
	The pair of Eimac 3-500Z 'to full power'  what ever that
means.

	Suffice it to say that I was never able to successfully run
the
	Supper power supply.  Recently I became interested in getting
the
	Amp. To work and replaced a plug from the power supply to the
Amp.
	And also learned how to correctly connect the transmit relay
line.

	Today the Amp. Puts out 650 watts with abt 70 watts drive on
RTTY
	with the factory power supply.  I am happy.

	No longer am I interested in the 'super power supply' project.

	Therefore I have for sale.

	Peter W Dahl Hypersil Transformer
	Model SB220X-2
	Primary 117/230 V. AC 60 HZ
	Sec. 925/1175 VAC @ 3.5 A. CCS

	It has Hi/Lo input voltage taps that are very useful for
	'tune-RTTY'/SSB operation

	I am asking $450.00 for the transformer.

	Weight - on my home scale is 66 lbs.  When I pack it into a
wood 	box with padding it will be right at the maximum of 75 lbs
that 	the post	office will accept.  Buyer pays shipping.  I
will pay and 	do packing.
	I do not have a web site. I can email you pictures.
If someone buys both the transformer and the Caps. I will throw in
(because of my generous nature and I will have no use for) the high
wattage Resistors and some delay start relays. Also there are hand
written (scribbled)  Copies of the power supply schematic.  I do not
see anything special in the schematic.  25 watt resistor in line with
the primary that is shunted by a delay start relay.  CW/Tune position
and SSB position is handled by the Hi/Lo taps on the primary.
The output was a doublers circuit - caps in series with each other and
parallel to resistors in series.

I do not know about overseas shipping.  I have never shipped anything
out of the country.  I'm sure it is expensive but I don't know about
export and import rules.

Mayo Fl is halfway between Jacksonville and Tallahassee and about 30
min. south of I10.

KV4FE
James Bloomfield
Mayo Florida