[Amps] 810 Linear Amp

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sun Mar 15 11:57:21 PDT 2009

That really has no bearing on typical old technology ham tubes.

A lower gain tube requires higher negative bias in order to maintain a
reasonable ZSAC. It then requires sufficient RF to overide that bias.

You can easily compute the power required in Class B GG as well as the
low driving impedance, both of which require real power to overcome.
Many tubes dont have the grid dissipation available to do this.

Carl
KM1H