[Amps] Slightly OT - Looking for source to replace the teflon/plastic dielectric used in Nye Viking MB-V-A padding capacitors

David Feldman wb0gaz at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 15 17:50:14 PDT 2009

I know this is OT, but the amplifier was the cause of the probem, not the
operator, I'm absolutely certain ;-) !!

I'm repairing a MB-V-A tuner which had damage to one of the padding
capacitors after KW into a very bad mismatch - small hole pierced in both
pieces of the dielectric plastic used in one of the 170 pF padding
capacitors.

I've disassembled the capacitor assembly and need to find a source for the
correct dielectric (teflon? plastic?) material so I can rebuild the
capacitor. There are two different styles used - an opaque material in the
300 pF output coupling capacitor and transluscent material used in the other
three 170 pF output coupling capacitors; the type I'm seeking is the
transluscent material (or the actual correct replacement part, but the nye
viking web site doesn't make mention of the tuner, only keys and paddles.)

Thanks for any pointers,

73 Dave WB0GAZ wb0gaz at hotmail.com