[Amps] Heathkit SB220 manual

Jeff Carter amps at hidden-valley.com
Tue Mar 17 11:12:55 PDT 2009

I agree, they'll always be available on sites outside the US, and
available quietly through individuals who are in love with these old
boxes.

Some users of old radio gear in other countries, most notably Russia,
think our current predicament with "intellectual property" laws is
totally hilarious.  They love to tease Americans about it.

One of them said to me in a private exchange: OM, it's horrible the
tyranny under which you live.  We would find this intolerable.  I
would urge you to come to Russia so that you may be free...

I didn't answer him on the point.  For all I know, he's right.  I've
never been there.

I'm an honorably discharged veteran of the US Military, and all my
life before that I was taught how troublesome the rest of the world
was in one way or another.  The Internet, in its capacity as a window
on the world, is showing quite a different picture and complementing
what Amateur Radio caused us to suspect all along.  Ham radio gave us
the soundtrack to a movie we're only beginning to be able to see.

Jeff/KD4RBG