[Amps] HV smps

Paul Decker kg7hf at comcast.net
Wed Mar 25 19:09:07 PDT 2009

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the reply.   I honestly don't know how to figure that out, I would love to learn though!

The part(s) I am using for the h-bridge are Fairchild FDH45N50F.   They are rated at 500V and 45A.  The input to these is 0 - 340 V pulsed DC at 100 Khz 50% duty cycle, I expect that they might be a max of about five amps through them when under full load.   It actually looks like only two mosfets would be conducting at the same time, so I suspect the dissipation is also about 50% duty cycle.

73,

Paul, kg7hf