[Amps] dumb query about fuses (maybe!)

Van K7VS wa7fab at cdsnet.net
Tue May 12 13:05:46 PDT 2009

I know ohms law so don't need the math.  Just a very specific question
regarding fuses used in an amplifier on the AC side.

My amp requires 15 amp fuses if using 125V and requires 10 amp fuses for
220V operation.

Does the voltage of the fuse make any difference??  i.e  What happens if I
use a 15 amp fuse rated at 125V rather than what they ask for?  (10 amp at
240V)....does the voltage rating make a difference??  Or just the current
rating of the fuse?

And finally, is a ceramic better than a glass fuse for some reason?

I know this may sound pretty dumb to some but missed the the class on fuses.

Thanks much.  Van, K7VS