[Amps] filament transformers

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sat May 16 05:33:21 PDT 2009

Good points Bob, its been decades since I tried to get the last
lamination back in! With homebrew almost a lost art in the USA Ive found
most of my LV needs at hamfests for very little money. A find 2 weeks
ago looks like it was built for a pair of 304TL's and the vendors asking
price was $5 which even I couldnt argue with!

NIB tubes and USA Johnson sockets have also been obtained at very low
cost over the past 6 months so now its time to start laying out the next
Class C  AM amp.

Surge suppression isnt necessary on ham size indirectly heated filaments
(8874, 3CX800, 8877) and are not discussed in the full Eimac spec sheets
or Care and Feeding. Now, when you are getting into tubes with handles
that is a different story.

Carl
KM1H